As a representative of Dutch academic chemistry research and education, the Council has an initiating and signaling role and is a discussion partner for:
• NWO, Round Table Chemistry – Advisory committee of chemistry researchers in the Netherlands;
• The Royal Netherlands Chemical Society (KNCV), the professional association of chemists, life scientists and process technologists in the Netherlands;
• The Royal Association of the Dutch Chemical Industry (VNCI) promotes the collective interests of the chemical industry;
• Stichting C3, Center for Youth Communication in Chemistry;
• Beta deans at universities and directors of institutes with chemistry research and education;
• Sectorplancommissie Bèta en Techniek, special committee responsible for advice on resource allocation in science and technology research and education and for further monitoring.